Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Weight Vest is the Best Gift!

I'm not big on gewgaw gifts.  A weight vest for health is at the top of my list.
 I finally sprang for a quality weight vest--the Hypervest Pro--and let me tell you...
The Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest for Fitness Workouts, Medium, Grey
...is divine!

It fits snugly around my chest and back, with tiny weights evenly distributed.  It literally feels like a second skin.  The design makes it easy to move around, bend, and do any exercise without the weights sloshing around, and threatening to tilt me over.

This weight vest leaves me breathless, in a good way.  Every exercise I do is more challenging.  And it's easier to burn calories and pounds off.

I like to put it on for 10 - 15 minutes at a time.  Do a little jogging or stepping up and down.  And the short time-frame makes me feel comfortable--like I'm not wearing and tearing, but rather toning my body.

Another big plus is it's cute.  Dare I say, fashion forward?  That's a biggie.  I would never wear my chunky sand-bag-filled police-style vest outside.  But I would wear this one.

I have another vest at school, which I put on whenever I'll be standing straight for awhile.  I would never wear it if I'm bending over to help kids at their desks.  Bending with weights on the back is dangerous for the spine.

This is my school vest:

The Infinity Weighted Vest, Blue - 6 Lbs
...which is also adorable, but not quite as second-skin as the Hypervest.

Experts will tell you that when you reach a certain age, walking is not enough.  To build healthy bones, you have to add pressure--which triggers sturdy, new bone growth.

Prescription medications don't do that.  They act more like a glue that binds your brittle old bones together.  Not to mention, creating side effects that would make a toughened old sailor blanch.   Bad news, I know--I'm sorry, too, that popping a pill won't bestow optimal health.

So this is my gift to myself, more precious than a diamond ring.  Gewgaws be gone.  I want health, and all that entails.

Weight Vests and Bone Health

No comments:

Post a Comment