Thursday, February 16, 2017

Valentine's Day Paper Bag Robots

Valentine's Day Paper Bag Robots sound like heaven to me...

Valentine's Day Craft Robot
  ...and to my kids!
  Valentine's Day Robot Craft
A simple card would've been easier for everyone--but not nearly as memorable.

This is an action figure.  Kids practiced talking with robotic voices, saying "I...love you for-ever...Mom," while moving their robot heads with their hands.

Valentine's Day Robot Craft

It was pretty easy.  I pre-cut the rectangles to fit the head and the body, and one heart per child (six hearts per 9 X 12" paper).  Then I cut scrap rectangles that the kids could cut up for arms, legs, buttons, hats, antennae, etc.

I showed them how to put glue on the top of the bag, and place the head.  Then put glue on the bottom of the bag, and add the body.  Next, a heart.  And finally, the robot details.
Valentine's Day Robot Craft
Angry Bird eyes, yellow shark fin, and patched up heart, anybody?

In the last few moments of class I improvised a song:

I'm in love
I'm in love
I'm in love with a Love-Bot

One kid spontaneously added a high falsetto tag line, which we all took to like Motown Masters.

I'm in love (Can you feel?)
I'm in love (Can you feel?)
I'm in love with a Love-Bot

That's what Valentine's Day is all about, folks. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sight-Words-Heart-Necklace-1689617
Would you like to wear your Valentine's Day Sight Word Craft Heart on your sleeve? 

No comments:

Post a Comment