Sunday, February 15, 2015

Osteoporosis 101

Osteoporosis is scary disease.  Teachers are on their feet all day, often walking at least 10 thousand miles.  Walking is superb, but it’s not enough. 

Poor diet, and lack of exercise, stretching, balance, and mindfulness all contribute to bone loss.

I’m going to shine a spotlight on osteoporosis to help prevent thinning bones, bone breakage, dowager’s hump and worse.

Please note:  I am not a doctor!  I am simply sharing some of my research.  I hope it will spark your quest for your own best health.

Osteoporosis Summary:

Bone loss is normal as you age.  Bone quality is more important than density.  Good bone collagen, shape, micro architecture, mineral, and flexibility are the key. 

Pharmaceuticals—prescription drugs—increase bone density by preserving “old bone” not by creating new bone.  So, you end up with brittle old bones that will still break.  And side effects, too, such as bone pain, head ache, nausea, hair loss, jaw death...and worse! 

The natural process involves losing old bone AND creating healthy new bone.  You can reverse bone loss naturally with good diet, exercise, endocrine balance and supplements. 

I will address each of these separately.  For now, I want to share some of the best sources I’ve found for information on osteoporosis:

Kate Lindemann’s website is one of the best I’ve ever seen.  I subscribe to her monthly newsletter for the latest info.

Susan E. Brown has written the bible of bone health, Better Bones, Better Body.

As always, I’m wishing you the best of health.

For more on Osteoporosis Food...
Bone Health - A Weight Vest for Teachers
 

1 comment:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete