Sunday, September 4, 2016

New Kindergarten Teacher's Guide

Are you a new kindergarten teacher?  This is much more than a kindergarten teacher's guide.  It's a step-by-step, moment-by-moment, account of what to do and what to say when you start teaching kindergarten.
The first days of kindergarten can be daunting.  There are so many variables: kids' personalities, your principal's expectations, rising rosters, missing supplies...

I know.  I've been there--on the first day--well-over twenty times.  And that's not counting the times I've done it in my sleep (only half-joking).

I started writing this guide in my first year teaching kindergarten, recording all the little tips and tricks that worked, and the "terrible tales" to avoid. 

Over many years I added minute details.  Some came from my own experience.  Some came from helping other teachers set up shop.

If you're a new kindergarten teacher, I think it will help you, too.

It's a complete mentorship that will show you how to set up for your first day of kindergarten.  

You'll see a minute-by-minute account of what to do, and what to say, on your first day of school--from the moment you greet the kids to the final dismissal.

You'll get materials and advice for the first full week of teaching kindergarten.  After the first week of school, many standardized curriculum programs will begin. 

The First Days of Kindergarten guide will be a resource you can return to all year, to reinforce rules and procedures for the most effective kindergarten class possible.

If you'd like a super-bundle of kindergarten resources, which will add song, dance, laughs, crafts, 3Rs, and good behavior to your year, it's here:
I'm wishing you a CALM and CONFIDENT first day of kindergarten--and a pleasant, successful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment