I need to attach feedback comments to every piece that goes up on the bulletin board. Why? Because everybody says so.
But, I want quick and easy feedback tickets. Why? Because...
- I want to spend my time with the kids, not writing tickets.
- I want to give each child immediate verbal assistance, which will bring them to the next level.
- I want to spend my time planning and preparing wonderful days of school!
- Writing feedback tickets takes a loooong time! Especially if you write both "glow" and "grow" comments.
- Kindergarten kids can't read the tickets anyway. It's really more for the grownup viewers, who want to see that you are assessing kids' work.
- I want to put up kids' work immediately, to fill the classroom with their colorful souls!
Need I say more? I came up with a PERFECT feedback ticket that includes glow and grow comments, and makes everybody happy--supervisors, kids, and me.
It even has room for me to write a personal comment, like:
"You added unique and fun details!""I love your creative coloring!"
"You filled the space with details that belong in your story!"
I print the tickets on colorful papers, cut and staple to each kid's writing. A few quick check-marks, a 1 - 4 grade at the top, an extra comment if I choose, and I'm done.
That's why I was able to fill my bulletin boards with kids' work by the 3rd day of kindergarten--despite a to-do list that's a mile long.
OMG, wish I'd thought of this earlier in my career! It would have saved me countless hours of precious educational time--month after month after month.
If you'd like to use the feedback comments for kindergarten, here they are:
...and enjoy your extra time!