This beautiful Veterans Day Keepsake Craft Box is a great way to start a conversation about veterans, heroes, soldiers, America, history, war, protection, respect, remembrance, and appreciation.
- What is a veteran?
- Do you know a veteran?
- Why do we need an army?
- How is an army different than a police force?
- Would you want to be in the armed forces? Why or why not?
- What makes someone a hero? Can a child be a hero?
- How is America different from other countries? How is it the same?
- What would you say to a veteran?
- How can you show you appreciate a veteran?
It also makes a thoughtful gift to a veteran. Kids can leave the top open, to store a veteran’s keepsakes. This makes a sturdy and handy box for practical items, too.
One teacher wrote:
“Just exactly what I was looking for. My children are putting paper mache hearts inside and giving them to veterans at a local hospital. Thank you.”
I wish I could see those hearts, and the looks on those veterans’ faces.
To our all veterans, including my father, a heartfelt thank you for your service to our country. Your service is a gift to all of us. Here's a gift for you.