Sunday, November 30, 2014

More Insomnia Tips

Here are more insomnia tips from my friends at TeachersPayTeachers.com...Once again, sweet dreams!
My favorite counting song is this one--Counting Backward.  It has a soft plucked guitar and new-age sound with a calming voice counting backward.  It's more soothing than sheep.
I get up out of bed, drink some water , and I go sit in the living room. I turn the TV on and usually within 20 minutes, I start feeling sleepy.  Silvia 

-Turn off electronics an hour before bed if possible,
-Drink a small glass of milk - if it's cold out, warm milk does double duty by warming you from the inside as well as relaxing you,
-Rub nice smelling lotion or moisturizer on your hands.  I usually curl up as I drift off to sleep, and a nice scent helps me relax,
-Purposefully choose to think of something happy; when you find yourself thinking of your worries or non-relaxing things, tell yourself to stop, and go back to your happy thoughts.  Remind yourself that you need to rest so that you can deal with whatever it is in the morning. 
Paula

I try to picture myself asleep.  I lay with my eyes closed and visualize what I would look like if I were standing next to the bed watching myself sleep.  For some reason, this relaxes me. 

If my mind is running a million miles a minute:  I have a really boring word game on my phone.  If my mind won't shut off I play this game for a little while.  It usually clears my mind enough to start to fall asleep.  The trick is to find something that is boring for you.

Exercise really does help.  I sleep so much better on the days that I exercise.  I know we're all busy, but it's worth it for your health to carve out some time everyday. 
Mrs. E Teaches Math



No comments:

Post a Comment